OLS 140 Introduction To Computers • 2 Cr.
Develops basic skills in touch keyboarding and data entry for personal and workplace use. Structured to accommodate special needs learners. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate accuracy typing letters, numbers, and symbols fluently by touch.
- Demonstrate an increase in keyboarding speed and accuracy.
- Identify and use Microsoft Word to create basic documents.
- Navigate and work with files and folders in multiple windows and demonstrate the use of shortcut keys to do so.
- Explain and use accessibility features within Microsoft Windows.
- Compare Assistive Technology devices and programs.
- Use student e-mail account and MyBC student portal to access and retrieve information.
- Identify basic operations of a personal computer system.
- Organize and manage files on portable memory devices in the Microsoft Windows environment.
- Navigate the World Wide Web for workplace purposes
- Fall 2019 (current quarter)