OLS 167 Mindfulness • 2 Cr.
This course will focus on the experiential foundations of mindfulness. The benefits of mindfulness for physical and emotional well-being will be explored and practiced. A review of literature, formal mindfulness practices, and informal strategies for everyday mindfulness will be practiced during class and assigned outside of class. Reflective learning practices required. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Discuss the elements of mindfulness practice.
- Demonstrate effective mindfulness sustained over a period of time.
- Apply appropriate mindfulness techniques during class.
- Plan and organize a weekly mindfulness schedule.
- Describe computer, phone, or tablet applications that support mindfulness.
- Explain how a planned program of mindfulness can help health in the long term.
- Fall 2019 (current quarter)