OLS 168 Walking and Jogging • 1 Cr.
Walking and Jogging promotes fitness through walking, jogging, or a combination of both. Students will create a fitness program to strengthen the heart, tone muscles, and improve walking performance. Students will keep a journal tracking individual exercise plans and incorporates elements of physical and emotional well-being. Students will learn coping strategies that help with executive function deficits, ADHD, autism, and other learning differences. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate elements of walking that include physical and mental components.
- Compare benefits of exercise that affect personal health, appearance, and fitness.
- Apply proper technique and personal safety during walking and jogging.
- Plan and organize a weekly exercise schedule that includes walking/jogging
- Explain how a planned program increases physical fitness and long-term health.
- Reflect on exercise data gathered throughout the quarter.
- Create an exercise plan for lifelong fitness.