OLS 169 Apps and Technology • 2 Cr.
Technological applications are a mainstay in daily life and in the workplace. Understanding their use and how to apply to different situation is key for success in organizing daily life and being productive. This course will introduce the students to different apps and then they will learn to apply those apps to make life and work more accessible. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in identifying photo-editing software interface elements.
- Construct simple documents utilizing selections, layers, and blending modes.
- Optimize digital images for web, print, and video.
- Demonstrate the ability to use a web application to help improve written assignments.
- Analyze various web application and identify appropriate work application.
- Discuss time management applications and apply them to personal life.
- Use a web application to track budget and money use.
- Winter 2020 (current quarter)