OLS 176 Field Experience II • 6 Cr.
Examines and discusses participation and communication in the integrated internship experience. Focuses on workplace problem solving, practicing job search, practical interview techniques and portfolio assembly. Students are required to participate in no less than nine hours per week at their internship site. Prerequisite: OLS 171, 172, 174, 175 and Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify potential opportunities that relate to career path and submit a completed application for a chosen job
- Design an updated resume to include internship experience
- Identify job openings within student's chosen career pathway and schedule two interviews
- Develop a relationship with one community support for employment purposes
- Design learning objectives in collaboration with the work site and the course instructor
- Perform a 99 hour internship in chosen career pathway
- Compile a journal of experiences at the internship site
- Compile professional thank you letters to internship supervisors
- Compile letters of recommendations
- Develop and present a professional PowerPoint presentation reflecting student's progression through college experience
- Organize and demonstrate a comprehensive portfolio of occupational and college related material
- Spring 2019 (current quarter)