OLS 178 Internship • 4 Cr.
Combines practical work experience with course objectives. Focuses on strengthening time and task management skills, clear and professional communication, utilizing job search resources, and practical interview techniques. Students are required to participate in no less than four hours per week at their internship site. Prerequisite: Acceptance into the OLS program and special permission from Associate Dean.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the steps in the hiring process.
- Complete a job application.
- Participate in at least one interview process.
- Discuss effective strategies for business communication and implement at the internship site.
- Perform a 50-hour internship in chosen career pathway.
- Compile a journal of experiences at the internship site.
- Design and follow through with student learning objectives for the internship site with the site coordinator.
- Design an updated resume to include internship experience
- Compile professional thank you letters to internship supervisors
- Compile letters of recommendations