PE 144 Tai Chi • 1 Cr.
Description starting Summer 2019
Tai Chi is an ancient form of exercise focused on balance, flexibility, strength and meditation.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify the 24 forms in Chinese Tai Chi
- Develop a life-long wellness plan incorporating Tai Chi
- Describe components of mindfulness meditation associated with Chinese Qigong
- Define basic Chinese fitness and meditation terms
- Describe the historical significance of Tai Chi in China