PE 149 Yoga Instructor Techniques II • 3 Cr.
Provides in depth knowledge and preparation for learning to teach yoga in a yoga studio, classroom, private or work setting. The analytical training in the practice of yoga postures and techniques will be applied to assisting, demonstrating, and teaching methodology. For Yoga Certificate students only. Prerequisite: PE 148.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify ethical and professional standards of the International Coaching Foundation
- Develop a deeper understanding of the Yoga Alliance sequential instructional applications
- Evaluate, summarize and paraphrase client-based information in a wellness plan
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and teach yoga classes with established safety parameters
- Identify core strength, flexibility and posture benefits of yoga
- Develop yoga class sequential lesson plans incorporating individualized routines for clients and groups
- Assess and analyze the professional and personal skills required in the yoga profession
- Analyze and reflect on yoga within a wellness plan