PE 210 Body Composition Assessment • 1 Cr.
An exploration into current research on human metabolism, essential fat, weight management, body composition and overall wellness. Students design exercise and nutritional programs focused on a life-long health plan.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify methods of determining percentage of body fat
- Develop weight management programs focused on long-term appropriate weight for health and fitness
- Explain the causes and development of obesity
- Identify nutritionally dense foods and foods that should be avoided when developing a weight management plan
- Relate the transtheoretical model of behavior change to a weight management plan