PE 212 Athletic Fitness • 1 Cr.
Develop fitness programs designed to aid recreational and collegiate athletes reach and maintain fitness levels required for specific sports.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Evaluate and instruct clients using a variety of athletic training methods.
- Identify flexibility, muscular strength, endurance and cardiovascular components of specific sports.
- Implement safety guidelines for sports conditioning activities.
- Apply sports conditioning principles to planning and implementing training programs for athletic performance.
- Develop progressive exercise plans for various athletic activities.
- Identify cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength, muscular endurance, and flexibility to enhance performance in athletic activities.
- Fall 2019 (current quarter)