PE 221 Fundamentals of Fast Pitch Softball • 3 Cr.
Introduces teaching, coaching, and playing techniques for women's fast-pitch softball. Students focus on current concepts, materials, and skills development. Prerequisite: Permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate proper techniques and positioning involved with defensive play, both infield and outfield
- Pitchers will learn five (5) basic pitches together with use of these pitches in situational applications. Pitching to zones will also be taught
- Catchers will learn zone application and "setting" up batters, together with utilizing field generalship to adjust defensive sets.
- Outfielders will learn "9 box" rules together with defensive sets on given hitters
- Demonstrate proper techniques and positioning involved with defensive play.
- Batters will learn proper hand, upper body and feet positioning involved with power hitting, bunting and executing running slap bunts
- Base running skills will be taught together with proper sliding techniques
- Fall 2019 (current quarter)