PHIL 263 Ethics and Policy in Healthcare • 5 Cr.
Explores values, ethics, and legal decision-making frameworks and policies used to support the well-being of people and groups within the context of healthcare professions. Prerequisite: Acceptance into the (ADN) Nursing program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Explain and engage basic philosophical methods: Socratic dialectic and the formulation and evaluation of arguments
- Explain and illustrate the 9 provisions of the ANA Nursing code of Ethics
- Explain major theoretical approaches in Ethics
- Identify and explain the theoretical foundations of provisions of the ANA Nursing Code of Ethics
- Apply ethical theory and the ANA Nursing Code of Ethics to case studies from medical practice
- Interpret law and policy in terms of Ethical theory and codes
- Spring 2019 (current quarter)