PROG 120 Object Oriented Programming Concepts • 5 Cr.
Students learn object oriented programming techniques using the current software development tools and a .NET programming language. Students apply these techniques for developing applications for both Windows and Web environments. Students will create classes, components, interfaces and user controls. Class provides the foundation for sophisticated application development. Prerequisite: PROG 110 with a C or better or PROG 108 with a C or better. Placement by assessment into ENGL& 101, or completion of ENGL 092 or ENGL 093 with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Create classes that encapsulate application functionality and provide appropriate public members
- Design and create classes that separate presentation from business logic
- Use classes to create an N Tier application structure
- Use Exception Handling appropriately
- Use inheritance in applications
- Describe and make use of polymorphism
- Create enumerations
- Create structures
- Describe when to use classes and when to use structures