PROG 123 Server Side Web Development • 5 Cr.
Students learn Web based programming techniques using current web development software. Students access data in databases and develop appropriate user interfaces to display the data. Students apply object oriented programming concepts to application development. Prerequisite: PROG 109 and PROG 120, both with a C or better. (May be taken concurrently with PROG 120). Replaces PROG 117. Only PROG 117 or PROG 123 can be taken for credit, not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Create a basic Web application that displays data from a database using appropriate database access controls (classes) from the programming language's framework
- Use a variety of data validation techniques to validate user input
- Understand the methods, properties and events of the related .NET framework classes
- Create effective Web interfaces of various types
- Insert, update and delete data from a relational database using database objects as provided by the programming language's framework
- Create and use custom methods by utilizing the programming language's existing library classes and methods to solve business problems