PROG 123 Server Side Web Development • 5 Cr.
Students learn Web-based programming techniques using current web development software. Students access data in databases and develop appropriate user interfaces to display the data. Students apply object-oriented programming concepts to application development. Prerequisite: PROG 109 and PROG 120, both with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Create a basic Web application that displays data from a database using appropriate database access controls (classes) from the programming language's framework
- Use a variety of data validation techniques to validate user input
- Understand the methods, properties and events of the related .NET framework classes
- Create effective Web interfaces of various types
- Insert, update and delete data from a relational database using database objects as provided by the programming language's framework
- Create and use custom methods by utilizing the programming language's existing library classes and methods to solve business problems