PSYC& 100 General Psychology • 5 Cr.
Presents methods, concepts, and principles of psychology. Topics include psychophysiology, sensation and perception, learning and memory, motivation, development, emotion, health, stress, personality, and abnormalities and their treatments.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe key concepts, principles, and overarching themes in psychology
- Describe psychology's content domains and areas of application to human behavior
- Use scientific reasoning to understand, apply and/or critique various research methods and theoretical perspectives used by psychologists to study and explain behavior
- Apply critical thinking and ethical standards to evaluate assumptions, claims, and common sense ideas about behavior
- Apply psychological principles and findings to enhance interpersonal relationships at individual, community, national, and global levels
- Communicate effectively in written and/or oral formats in academic and professional life