PSYC 210 Psychology of Human Sexuality • 5 Cr.
Examines human sexuality from three main perspectives: Psychological, biological, and socio-cultural. Recommended: PSYC& 100.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Recognize and explain the historical cultural influences on sexuality attitudes and values.
- Evaluate, recognize and explain effective communication in relationships and how to build a loving relationship.
- Recognize, characterize and explain anatomical sexual systems and the physical problems that can occur.
- Identify, recognize and characterize gender, genetic and sexual issues with which people must deal.
- Identify and recognize and characterize sexual diseases dysfunctions and their treatments.
- Identify and recognize the legal issues, paraphilias and commercial issues that surround sexuality.
- Winter 2021 (current quarter)