RAIT 430 Neurosonology • 3 Cr.
This course will allow the student to further explore the concepts of ultrasound of the brain and spinal cord of the neonate patient. Emphasis will be placed on normal and congenital neurological disease. Scanning protocols will be introduced as well as specific medical needs of the critically ill neonate and pediatric patient. This course is intended to meet the degree requirements of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography concentration of the Radiation & Imaging Sciences program. Prerequisites: Admission to the Radiation & Imaging Sciences program or permission of the Program Chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe and explain neurophysiology as appropriate to the premature and neonate patient.
- Discuss and describe brain and spine pathology and pathophysiology as appropriate in the premature and neonate patient.
- Compare and contrast the indications, utility, limitations and technical procedures for the uncooperative pediatric patient, and the critically ill premature or neonate patient.
- Analyze the pediatric sonographic images.
- Summer 2019 (current quarter)