ROBAI 101 Intro to Robotics & Artificial Intelligence • 5 Cr.
This course provides an overview of robotics. Topics include an interactive review of statistics, machine learning, AI, a review of python programming, security, and data. Students apply techniques learned to robotic devices and utilize 3D printing concepts. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment into MATH& 141 or completion of MATH 099 with a C or better, or the equivalent course from another college, and PROG 110 (with Python) with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Discuss the history, challenges, ethics, and security of robotics.
- Describe the role of deep machine learning, artificial intelligence, and natural language processing as it applies to robotics.
- Apply basic statistical methods in the context of robotics with an emphasis on opinion and emotion AI
- Explore the basics of time series analysis and forecasting to extract meaningful statistics and other characteristics of the data
- Apply malware and security principles to artificial intelligence
- Use 3D printing techniques to build simple models and prototypes
- Operate the basics of Python programming language to solve analytical and statistical problems and to develop commands to control a robotic device