ROBAI 240 Programming for Machine Learning • 5 Cr.
Machine learning is a powerful tool used to solve complex problems. Learn to prepare and analyze complex structured and unstructured datasets. Develop models that make predictions and create systems that can be "trained," adapt and improve with experience. Apply an object-oriented programming language to implement machine learning algorithms and models. Prerequisite: PROG 260 with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Outline the basic principles and theories, evolution and applications of machine learning
- Prepare and validate datasets, represent as features, and apply a dataset to fit a model to analyze new data
- Select, implement and test the appropriate algorithms to solve specific problems
- Build an end-to-end application using machine learning implemented using an object-oriented language
- Develop, test and tune various learning models
- Analyze model performance and make recommendations for model improvement
- Fall 2019 (current quarter)