ROBAI 260 Computer Vision in Control Systems • 5 Cr.
Introduction to computer vision, including the fundamentals of sensing and perception, image formation and representation, image analysis, pattern recognition and representation, motion analysis, and object and scene recognition. Students use equipment to build simple vision systems and apply these systems to controlling robot behavior and motion. Prerequisite: ROBAI 240, PROG 260 and ENGR& 114, all with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply the basic concepts, technologies, and strategies for computer and robot vision
- Research and analyze the challenges and limitations of various approaches to computer and machine vision
- Apply the basic principles of Image formation, representation, analysis, and pattern recognition and classification
- Apply the basic principles of object and scene reconstruction, and motion analysis
- Design, develop and test control systems for robotics applications based on machine vision