TECH 293 Technical Support Internship I • V1-6 Cr.
First in a two-quarter technical support internship. Students provide technical assistance to students and staff using the Tech Support and NSCOM labs. May include off-campus internships with specific academic & industry partners. For NSCOM degree students only. Provides non-paying, credit-earning, on-the-job experience. Course is graded credit/no credit. Prerequisite: permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Apply his/her software, hardware, and business skills in a variety of duties and responsibilities in a work environment.
- Manage his or her work load by employing multitasking techniques and task prioritization to manage his/her work load in solving problems.
- Demonstrate the organizational/analytical skills necessary to solve problems with computers.
- Demonstrate appropriate interpersonal abilities (such as integrity, diplomacy, respect for cultural diversity, flexibility, perseverance, resourcefulness, etc.).
- Fall 2020 (current quarter)