TRANS 205 Advanced Translation Skills III • 3 Cr.
Practical experience in translation, editing, and finalization of more complex commercial texts in a variety of fields. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program, bilingual proficiency.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Create (and edit and proofread) a client-ready translation in a variety of fields under real-life conditions (e.g. deadlines) – alone and in a team
- Evaluate the quality of a translation and accept and learn from criticism from other translators, editors, and proofreaders
- Analyze a source document for translation and estimate production time
- Perform more advanced linguistic and terminological research and develop glossaries
- Select suitable field(s) of specialization
- Reflect on translation assignments and arrive at an unbiased self-evaluation