TRANS 206 Advanced Interpreting Skills III • 3 Cr.
Advanced practical experience in the three interpreting modes necessary for working in different settings. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program, bilingual proficiency.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Interpret in consecutive, simultaneous, and sight translation modes at real-life speeds in a variety of registers, fields, and situations
- Apply proper protocol and ethical considerations
- Analyze a source document or speech for interpretation
- Critique interpreting performance and arrive at an unbiased self-evaluation; identify weaknesses and take corrective action
- Perform more advanced linguistic and subject matter research